22 Winter Olympic Games, 2014
- Seven cities - Sochi, Russia, Salzburg, Austria, Jaca, Spain, Almaty, Kazakhstan, PyeongChang, Korea, Sofia, Bulgaria and Borjomi, Georgia - initially submitted applications to host the 2014 Olympic Winter Games, but only three of the seven cities were confirmed as candidate cities.
- In July 2007 at the 119th IOC session in Guatemala City, Sochi, Russia was elected in the second round with 51 votes, compared to PyeongChang's, Korea 47 votes.
22 Winter Olympic Games, 2014 - Some interesting facts
- President of Russia Vladimir Putin officially opened the 22 Winter Olympic games 2014.
- Victor An, who won 3 gold and 1 bronze for Korea in the short track in Turin 2006, repeated his success as citizen of Russia.
- 3 gold won Norwegian female skier Marit Bjorgen again and female biathlete from Belarus Darya Domracheva.
- Famous Norwegian biathlon athlete Ole Einar Bjoerndalen won 2 gold at his 6th Olympics.