2 Winter Olympic Games,1928
- In 1926 Netherlands, as host state of Summer Olympics 1928, backed out to stage Winter Olympic games 1928 and Switzerland got right to host Winter Olympics.
- In May 1926 at the 24th IOC session in Lisbon, the IOC decided to award Winter games to St.Moritz.
- Two other candidate cities were Davos and Engelberg.
St.Moritz 1928 - Medal Table
2 Winter Olympic Games,1928 - Some interesting facts
- President of Switzerland Edmund Schulthess officially opened the Second Winter Olympic games.
- Germany was allowed to participate in Olympic games after the First World War.
- Warm weather disturbed athletes again. So, in Cross Country, at the beginning of the 50km race, the air temperature was near zero Celsius and by the end it had risen to 25 degrees and a lot of skiers have dropped out.
- In Bobsleigh the number of starts was cut from four to two due warm weather and the competition in 10000 m speed skating was cancelled because of thawing ice.