Games of the 25 Olympiad,1992
- In October 1986, at the 91st IOC Session in Lausanne, Barcelona, Spain, the birthplace of IOC president Juan Antonio Samaranch, was selected as host city of the Games of the 25 Olympiad.
- The other candidate cities were Amsterdam, Netherlands, Belgrade, Yugoslavia, Birmingham, Great Britain, Brisbane, Australia and Paris, France.
Barcelona 1992 - Medal Table
Games of the 25 Olympiad,1992 - Some interesting facts
- His Majesty King Juan Carlos I officially opened the Games of the 25 Olympiad at the Olympic stadium.
- Since the last Olympiad in 1988, the face of the world had changed - the USSR no longer existed and Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia competed under their own flags. The other former Soviet republics participated under the name Unified Team. Germany was reunified and Yugoslavia was divided into several countries.
- For the first time since 1960, South Africa took part in the Olympic games.
- Professional players were allowed to participate in the Games for the first time and the NBA legends of the US Basketball Dream Team won the gold medal.
- In Gymnastics, Belarussian gymnast Vitaly Scherbo, who was not even a leader of Unified Team, but won six gold medals.
Barcelona '92 Olympic Games