Games of the 6 Olympiad,1916 - did not held
- Olympic Games 1916 were scheduled to be held in Berlin, Germany.
- The other candidate cities were Alexandria, Egypt and Budapest, Hungary.
- Olympic games 1916 were canceled because of the First World War.
Games of the 6 Olympiad,1916 - did not held - Some interesting facts
- Everything was ready for the Olympic Games in Berlin, Gemany in 1916.
- The German government has allocated a huge sum for preparation and conduct of 300,000 DM and in 1913, the new 64,000-seat Olympic Stadium was built.
- But in 1916, Olympic games were not held, World War I caused the Olympics to be canceled.
- In 1916, the IOC made the decision to perpetuate the number of the Berlin Olympic Games in history. "Even if the Games did not take place, their number still remains" - said Pierre de Coubertin.