Games of the 2 Olympiad, 1900
- After the success of the 1 Olympiad The King George I of Greece and other Greek leaders believed that Athens should become the permanent host city of the Olympic games.
- However, the IOC and Baron Pierre de Coubertin decided to rotate the host city each four years.
- In 1900 Paris, France held the Second Olympic games as part of the popular World Fair.
Games of the 2 Olympiad, 1900 - Some interesting facts
- The Second Olympic Games, which spread over five months, were one of the events of Exposition. These Games were so unnoted that many athletes died unaware that they had been Olympians.
- It was the first time when female athletes took part in Olympic games. Tennis player Charlotte Cooper, United Kingdom became the first woman in history who won an Olympic title.
- The stadium Velodrome de Vincennes near Paris became the main arena in the 1900 Olympiad. However, athletes in the track and field events competed at Racing Club of France.
The 1900 Olympic Games